Today I finished my first Valentine's project.
Since I love to sew I decided to start with a pillow. This pillow could easily be done without sewing.
This is the fabric I had in my stash pile. For the body of the pillow I used white lining fabric.
1) I cut out a heart template (3x3) and then cut out 2 hearts from 5 different fabrics.
2) I laid out the hearts side by side in a circle, sightly over overlapping, with the pointy end of heart facing inward.
3) Next I did a zigzag stitch to the Outside curve of each heart to secure to the fabric (width- 5.0, length 1.8). You could easily glue each down.
4) Next cut a large burlap heart to fit in the middle. (Before I attached the burlap heart I went back and zigzagged the outer sides of each smaller heart, the hearts needed more definition - See the photo below).
5) Attached using the a zigzag stitch.
6) Then I cut another heart, using a pointier heart shape (less round shape - found all my heart shapes on Google). I also added some padding to the last heart to provide a 3 dimension look, and attached using a zigzag stitch.
7) I sewed right sides together using a 1/2" seam allowance. Slip the pillow form in, and slip stitched the bottom edge closed.
I felt it needed something a little more, I'm not a bling kind of girl, so i added a piece of scrap lace and a pink ribbon. I slipped both under the heart, and hand tacked in place.
The Orchid was a Christmas gift from my daughter-in-law, Jenny and the grand kids.
The weather is cold and dreary so a great time to stay in and play!