We have really let our deck go to HELL over the years. Don’t really know why? It just never seem to make the top 100 project’s list? Looking at how UGLY it looks – we really should have! Maybe it’s because with our older 1929 home there always seemed to be another project that took precedent.
Well that has all changed! This is the year to tackle this ugly, falling down deck, with a Deck RE.JU.VE.NA.TION project.
To help keep us on track I’ve put together a project list:
- Remove every last piece of
junkfurniture from deck
- Sweep 1,000,000 Silver Maple whirling birds off deck
- Remove lattice sheets from top of arbor
- Jack up northwest corner of deck 2″, and replace foundation post
- Replace/repair worn deck boards
- Cut out decking around Green Ash tree larger (tree’s getting too big)
- Replace rotten wood columns with new fiberglass columns
- Spray wash deck
- Stain deck Bordeaux by Behr
- Paint arbor white
- Paint new fiberglass columns white
- Spray paint existing table and chairs black
- Find an indoor/outdoor area rug
- Check out fiberglass for top of arbor (so we can be a sitting outside even when it rains)
- Hang drop cloth curtains
- Find material for chair/bench cushions and sew
- The fun part – A.cess.or.ies
After all this is done – we will light up the barbeque gas grill and ENJOY summer?