Master Bathroom Curtains – Vintage Bark Cloth
The weather is so hot and humid here again and I’m back to staying indoors. In the early morning I’ll head out to water all the garden containers, pull a few weeds, and just scope out everything. Since its back to being inside I’m enjoying decorating.
This past week I’m decorating upstairs putting a new quilt in the guest room, trying to get the linens under control, and hanging the curtains in the bathroom.
Thrift store treasures create the Charmer’s decor/vignettes. But, there is one vintage mall that I try going to once a month. So glad I stopped in!
Several curtains hung in the master bathroom, but just not the “perfect” ones. I’ve been leaning heavily to cremes and pink upstairs? Mr. C doesn’t mind since he doesn’t use the bathroom, except in the middle of the night, or the guest room.
As I wandered around the mall I spotted some Bark cloth in a basket. As I grabbed the basket to set on a table I spotted pink. A very pretty pink. Pretty pink curtains. I was excited as I pulled them out from the basket. Even though they’re pinched pleated the size was perfect.
Being the width of the bathoom window is only 27″ wide it was fate to find a pair that fit perfectly and in a pink floral.
Note, the color in the first picture is true to color.
They have the most beautiful floral pattern. I planned on changing out the pinch pleated to gathered but found out I didn’t need to. Even though their showing more rose here they are pink like the first photo.
The tub caddy is three pieces of the original 90 year old oak floor planking upstairs. Gunstock stain is the original color on the flooring. Then a bit of coconut oil rubbed into the wood to give it a shine.
Sorry shooting into the bright window alters the pink curtain color.
In order to hang the curtains on a regular rod I pried open the pinch pleat hooks wide enough to slide them over the rod. Since they are stationary they won’t be sliding back and forth.
In our neighborhood the homes are closer together. So to ensure privacy a lace panel was placed in the middle.
With everything having gone so wrong in the remodel we didn’t have the money to refinish the inside of the tub. Hopefully soon.
The master bedroom curtains are just perfect…they only cost me $24 for vintage Bark cloth – score!
Its the first “finished” project in the master bedroom. I’ll be sharing more since waiting for it to be finished is futile.