Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday!
It’s about sharing, caring and feeling gratitude.
I feel blessed to have my hubs, my family and friends, to have been able to retire early.
I feel blessed that I have this blog, where my creativity can flow, and for all the readers who read this blog, and leave such nice comments.
For most, Thanksgiving typically mean turkey.
My menu/recipes pretty much stays the same, they were my Mom’s.
Keeping her traditions helps me keep Mom, who is passed, alive and with me in the holidays.
Turkey leftovers, they are perhaps Thanksgiving’s best food tradition. There’s no other holiday where the remains
of the meal take on almost as much importance as the meal itself. Think of them as the ingredients that keep on giving.
There’s the traditional recipes, Pot Pie, Tetrazinni etc. Some of my favorites are:
1) Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie by Emeril Lagasse, so good
2) Turkey stock by Emeril Lagasse, so you can make lots of great soup.
3) Turkey Pad Thai by Melissa d’Abarbian
1) Turkey Banh Mi sandwich by Martha Stewart
2) Opened Faced Hot Turkey Sandwich by Rachael Ray
3) Roast Turkey Panini with Pesto by Emeril Lagasse
Try some of these recipes, they are all great.