I really needed a Halloween Tablecloth for my kitchen…
Here’s how I put together this quick and easy project.
- 38″ square burlap material (or whatever you fancy)
- 32″ square fall/Halloween material
- 1″ wide ribbon
- 1/4″ wide coordinating ribbon
1) Fringe, 2″ on all four edges of burlap by “pulling” the treads on each side. NOTE: Save your threads will use later
2) Make a 32″ square of material you are using and pin 2″ inside each fringed edge.
3) Place 1″ ribbon around outer edge of material.
4) Miter the corners with the ribbon. Once you reach a corner, pin the ribbon to the outer edge of material.
6) Flip the ribbon back (wrong sides together) on to itself, towards the direction of the material to the left, putting you finger on top to hold in place.
8) Next take the burlap strings that you saved, and fold over, should measure about 10″ (5″ each side), then take 1 of the strings and tie around to secure.
9) Next, tie a 1/4″ coordinating ribbon around each top, about 1″ down. Cut each ribbon ends on a slant, and hot glue to each corner.
I want to be able to interchange this tablecloth out for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is why I only basted versus sewing. Hot gluing with accomplish this also.
Then decorate to your hearts content.