Wondering around at Salvation Army last March (see how dreary) found this lamp for $8 bucks…
I was attracted to it, it’s different, can’t remember ever seeing a coffee pot lamp before?
Got it home, and put in the trash to treasure room, aka “the garage”.
It’s turns out the hardest part of this project was finding a lamp shade, a thrifty one.
Last month, at an estate sale, found a square lampshade for $2.00.
A few days later browsing around Hancock Fabric’s saw this french script fabric.
Because the shade is square I couldn’t roll it along the fabric to mark, so I just started draping it on the shade…
The material was easy to work with and made draping easy. As I draped I secured with cloths pins.
When I got around to the back side, I used the seam”dent” as a guide to mark…
the fabric using a tailor’s chalk…
Then I trim the left seam down to about 1/2″ to the right…
Next I wrapped the fabric from the right side to the back seam, and using the above white chalk line as a guide,
cut the fabric 2″ beyond the line, and folder it back on to itself.
I place this fold edge along the white chalk line.
Using tailor’s chalk again to mark the bottom and top of shade, and then trimmed down to 1/2 “. I sprayed painted the base black.
Hot glued along the bottom and top, and pressed trim end in side.
To give the edges a finished” look I hot glue a matching single fold bias tape to bottom.
A view of back of shade…
Another side of shade, each side has different writing.
I wanted to put the lamp under the cabinets, but was too tall 🙁 . So I created this vignette in front of one of the kitchen windows.
Placed some Northern Sea Oats inside this glass jug.
I’m loving it!