Tis the season for canning and preserving summers best...
I've been busy canning tomatoes, sauces, salsas, pickles and more.
I also wanted to take advantage of all the great fresh corn at the Farmers Market. I bought tons of fresh corn.
It is so easy to freeze corn.
1) First husk corn and remove silks.
2) Blanch the corn in boiling water for 3 -4 minutes (5-6 minutes for larger ears)
3) Place corn in cold water to stop the cooking process
4) Pat the corn dry
5) Individually wrap the corn in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, if you want smaller portions cut or snap in half.
6) Place corn in freezer bags or vacuum pack.
Note: To prepare frozen corn just takes about 3 or 4 minutes in the microwave (from frozen) or 5 or 6 minutes in a pot of boiling water. It doesn't need to be "cooked", just heated up!
How easy is that!
You'll be able to enjoy fresh corn all year long.